Friday, March 27, 2015

The Test of Time

Needless to say, I fell off with the "I'm going to write a new post every day" commitment. I'm learning that some things that may feel like good ideas at the time don't serve me, like writing a new post every day. It put too much pressure on me, I simply got caught up in the good feelings of writing posts and wanted to maintain that joy.

In the past, if I had a good feeling about something, I assumed that it was God inspired and that it was the right thing to do. I'm learning more each day that that kind of thinking isn't solid, because sometimes I feel a lot of energy and good feelings behind certain thoughts and later find that they weren't inspired by something Higher, they were merely impulsive. I'm learning that a good way to test decisions that come from the gut and those that arise out of impulse is to check in with the idea several hours later and see if I still have the same gut feeling that it's the right thing to do. When its an impulsive decision I will notice that the energy has been sucked out of it with time. When the thought or decision is right on the money, it stands the test of time.

The test of time may not be true for you, but I know that it is for me. I love that feeling of energy and excitement that comes from new ideas and I know the disinterest that comes from ideas that soon fizzle out. I can keep my thoughts better in check now and not run off with the thrill of so called "great ideas." Like I said, what's great now may be boring or utterly ridiculous a few hours later.

Coming up with fresh ideas to write about daily was unrealistic and yet I'm finding that I can be more gentle with myself about letting it go. It didn't happen, I already botched it the first day that I didn't write. It's okay, I'm writing now and I understand myself better than I did even a month and a half ago when I started the blog, and that is amazing and solid.

2 comments:

  1. I will always TRY an read your thoughts on the universe, that is my realistic thought for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise, and if you ever find that you can't read it that's okay too.
      Kindness, Gentleness and Compassion for our limitations.

      Delete