Thursday, March 5, 2015

Honoring Commitments

The other day I became stressed out by the thought of everything that I have to do this week and the thought of every appointment that I had to reschedule to make my week work. I was on overload. Old familiar thoughts and feelings began moving through me. I didn't want to show up or I wanted to call and cancel everything on my calendar, which I used to do quite frequently. But that's not who I am anymore, it's not who I've chosen to be, and I feel good about that. I stick to commitments and have been doing so for the past few years. It didn't happen naturally, it was a conscious change.

I decided that I didn't want to get myself into anymore situations that I would, ultimately, run away from. And I don't make huge leaps, like converting to religions which is something I did in the past. I keep what I always come back to, I keep the activities that are solid, that I have proven I will stick to.

Yoga and writing are both means of self-expression for me. I can't run away from them they are intrinsically linked to who I am. Life coaching is something that I have wanted to do for several years, so that's another solid for me.

I will not be a quitter like I was in the past. That's not the identity I choose for myself. Even if I'm scared and I don't want to show up for my commitments, I do it anyway because I choose to handle my commitments with integrity.

I canceled therapy this week, but there was no way around that cancellation; I know that I will be there next week. I'm not going anywhere although I've traveled far.

No comments:

Post a Comment