Thursday, February 19, 2015

Party at My House

It's 8:30 am, I'm lonely, I need to be with people, but it's 11 degrees outside. I don't do well in the cold, at least I have a hard time getting motivated to leave the house when it's cold. Then the battle begins: should I stay home or should I brave the below freezing temperature? What is it worth to me to have human contact?

This blog is a way for me to have contact, although it's a different kind of contact. It's not face to face and there is more of an obsessive nature about it. I crave other people. I wish I could pull you all through my computer screen and we could have a large yoga class then a party. Yes, a party with you all would be lovely, at least that's what I'm imagining.

Why not get lost in my imagination on this cold winter's day? We are all together: artists, writers, moms and dads, regular people. I'll make you guacamole and serve you chips. Maybe I can talk my husband into making some of his delicious truffles for us all. Everyone can bring their favorite dish and dress up in a costume that befits their true personalities. We'll have a jazz combo in the corner and a lady with a bird cage on her head stands nearby singing softly.

We'll read our favorite monologues and then decide if the person auditioning should get a call back to come read for us again. This won't be a normal party, we'll be as creative as our minds will allow. What the hell, we may even paint my whole house.

Take your shoes off and stay awhile. Keep me company and I'll do my best to keep you company and we can heal each others' loneliness, at least in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment